Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Just Missed



Just Missed  

yesterday seemed like a day of just missing, at least filming wise and as far as nature was concerned. From being unable to track the exact location of the woodpecker offering a quick glimpse before quickly darting out of view, to the red fox that leapt from the bushes in its final stalk of either bird or squirrel - I was unable to capture any of it with my camera, arriving home with nothing more to share than what I'm writing this morning. 

and of course that's entirely the point of it all. 

just missing.

but it's the experiences itself that matters.

a camera is a wonderful tool, and I've fallen in love capturing unique aspects of my time in nature and sharing them with others. My attention has sharpen considerably with camera in hand, an open awareness that takes in the landscape of my surroundings and then instantly honing into a single prospect of a wonderful shot, as if nature grabs me by the mind and focuses all of my senses to the task of filming what is offered in the moment.

my camera is a mindfulness tool.

a zen lesson.

and so every miss is simply an observation meant for myself alone, of being deeply engrossed in the experience of seeing, sensing, quietly moving closer to what I seek to capture with my camera. There really are no missed opportunities - the experience itself was complete, whole, an organic gesture that fits complete to the moment. Not everything is meant to be captured with my camera. 

and the lesson here is that's enough to simply be here, 

present, 

aware. 

appreciating the experience, 

just missing and all. 

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: My Only Prayer

Also, please visit to buy: Seeing With Your Own Eyes

Thank you. 


No comments: