Sunday, May 19, 2024

As Well As My Surrender



As well as my surrender: 

through the course of winter and now entering late spring, my yoga asana practice has come full circle to almost the same sequence as before I suffered an injury to my back. There's still a few poses that my body isn't quite ready for, and my approach is different, geared more towards a vinyasa flow, yet slower and with a mindfulness of towards the spontaneous energy found through the approach, hold, and release of every posture. It's done wonders for my back, healing, and feels to be exactly what I need right now, perfect in its timing. 

this has been greatly inspired by Kripalu yoga as presented by its founder Amit Desai who taught a version of hatha yoga that was bases on firm foundation from the ground up, mindfulness of alignment with an easy concentration on the breath. This is an inward flow of yoga, mentally relaxed and with a focus on the prana that's ever present through the body. Established in this commitment, there arrives a natural surrender of the mind to body and then further to complete absorption into the pranic energy. It all becomes a beautiful, spontaneous, natural expression of yoga. 

I'm not a student of Kripalu yoga, just inspired by it, the awe inspiring beauty of its surrender. I aspire to let my practice go and then be consumed by the subtle energy that even now I feel present within me. It feels as if every single asana is an entire sequence, from firm establishment of base, focused alignment, and then the breath itself takes over, prana, guiding me through the entirety of the pose. 

this finally feels like my yoga.

and all it took was an injured back...

as well as my surrender. 

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: My Own Unique Expression

Also, Please visit to buy: Yoga For Beginnings 

Thank you. 


No comments: