Thursday, May 30, 2024

Everything is Yoga Now



Everything is yoga now: 

my early morning yoga routine is immediately followed by writing, and seamlessly now, they have become much the same in practice and outcome, with a feeling of stillness achieved without any undue effort from myself - and most importantly a sense of grace and beauty, if only briefly in a certain pose or perhaps a single written line. This all seems to stem from meditation, a continuous flow from cushion to the yoga mat and then reaching my desk as I sit and write.

everything has become yoga.

meditation.

a stillness known just beneath activities of body and mind.

this is Patanjali's yoga, cessation of the motion of the mind, for me, lasting only for a moment or so, a brief immersion into a sure and greater silence. But it's enough, with aftereffects that linger through my day and carries me through with equanimity and grace, inspired, and grateful for the day. There's really no sense of achievement here, it's not a place that I've arrived to, it's been here all along. My mind was simply too busy to ever noticed.

until most recently, with everything slowed down,

for whatever reason, 

and however it has happened...

everything is yoga now.

if only for a moment.

~

Peace, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Curiosity

Also, please visit to buy: The Tree of Yoga

Thank you. 

No comments: