Blessing:
it arrived with clarity and purpose, subtle in the sense that it was the softest internal whisper of a voice - yet perfectly expressed in its intent. Yesterday afternoon, my second walk for the day and setting a pace to make sure I got my heart rate. I was just about to pass by an elderly man walking in the opposite direction when it happened, a clear directive from an inner guide. I was to bless this man. Not out loud, nothing obvious, just the softest of blessings sent to him as we passed one another. A few more steps and again the voice urged to to bless the trees while passing by. One more time this prompt came to me and told me that this was how I should go through life.
blessing everything.
no exceptions.
of course my walk continued on in bliss, a holiness followed me with for about a mile and then quietly faded to a lovely thought. Another mile or so and the thought grew faint, a memory of something extraordinary that happened. Except everything is different now, I'm different, and so it is with every encounter we have with the divine.
we're changed in the most remarkably ordinary way.
being a little more of who we truly are.
and so life goes on, walks continue, and our everyday rhythm returns to its regular pace. But the soft and subtle holy voice remains, whispering still, reminding us of what exactly we're supposed to do.
bless the world.
everyone.
no excpetions.
~
I love you, Eric
To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Change of Mind
Also, please visit to buy: Jesus: My Autobiography
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment