Early lessons:
over the past few weeks I've been practicing those early lessons of A Course in Miracles again. I'm not sure if this will be a whole year review or I'll take it further. Mostly I simply just allow myself to be guided through the Course now, with every few years being given to it's entirety. Yet every time I begin again I find myself amazed at how much mind stuff I've accumulated since my last visit. Lesson 24 is a great example:
I do not perceive my own best interests. (ACIM, W-24)
in reviewing this lesson this morning it quickly became apparent how many assumptions I've made over a vast array of challenges. Beliefs are subtle in their creep towards dominance as a thought system. They are the feeding system of the ego and require only slight attention to grow. Those early Course lessons strip my bare and start me over. They're essential. At least for now. But what I find, after decades of practice, is how willing I now am to let my perceived best interest go. There's a trust here that just what wasn't present before. I may not always perceive my own best interest....
but I know exactly who does,
and I'm willing to seek His guidance.
and that,
makes all the difference.
I love you, Eric
To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Nothing
Also, please visit:Tao Te Ching
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment