Monday, September 7, 2026

Swayed




Swayed:

vrikshasana, tree pose, is my lifetime yoga  - and not just as an asana to perform for it many physical benefits, but for the spiritual lessons it bestows everytime I practice. It's a graceful posture, rooted and reaching at once, stable, yet swaying to and fro with every distracted thought I entertain. Vrikshasana shows me where I am each morning.

and teaches me forgiveness.

you see, some mornings I'm not so steady, my mind might hold a distraction, an issue left over from the day before, or even weeks ago. Every grievance shows up in vrikshasana, any resentment makes itself known through even the slightest sway and break of concentration. Vrikshasana doesn't demand complete concentration, it reveals the content of the mind and asks only for the release of whatever thought robs me of my grace and inner peace. This is the posture I hold with the Holy Spirit, reflected here as the symbol Lord Shiva, and I offer Him my prayer of release.

each distraction surrendered.

one by one.

and once more my feet spread sure and grounded, secure, and my torso feels free to lengthen fully in a reach towards heaven. 

grace.

if only for a moment.

until another thought sways me, once more distraction...

and that's forgiven too.

~
I love you, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: On Writing 

Also, please visit to buy: The Teacher

Thank you. 


No comments: