Tuesday, September 15, 2026

The Weight of Certainty




The Weight of Certainty: 


I do not know what anything is for. (ACIM, W-25)

in many ways my life revolves around this single lesson, an entire practice within its conclusion. The ego certainly believes that it has a firm understanding on what everything is for and why anything is happening. It has assigned a purpose to every person and event as they appear and seldom waivers from its first conviction unless it sees a profit in the change. 

Everything is for your own best interests. ⁶That is what it is for; that is its purpose; that is what it means. (ACIM, W-25.1:5-6)

 and those words are when everything changes. With just a little willingness to open to this possibility I'm brought to a humbleness that surrounds me with divine mystery as well as a loving guide that walk me through those dark clouds of certainty towards a light of true understanding.

It is crucial to your learning to be willing to give up the goals you have established for everything. (ACIM, W-25.5:1)

so once more I'm humbled. 

the Holy Spirit shines a light on even my slightest conviction that I know what something is for and very gently asks me to reconsider. When I do so I feel immediately lighter. Certainty is a heavy load to carry and even a brief pause to to set down it's weight brings a great relief. Most importantly the Holy Spirit and A Course in miracles ask if I truly want to continue carrying that load. 

lesson 25 reminds me that I don't have to.

I can walk in mystery.

certain,

of only God.

~
I love you, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Do Not Reconsider

Also, please visit to buy: Facilitating Enlightenment

Thank you.


No comments: