A voice:
yesterday with guest on my YouTube channel Allan Ishac, I related a childhood incident in which I heard a voice in the middle of the night inviting me downstairs for a conversation. This wasn't entirely unusual as I used to hear "murmur' of voices that seemed to bleed through from a place that physically wasn't here - from where though I have no idea. My parents tried to reassure me that it was just workers leaving or arriving home from a late shift. Maybe, but those voices seemed more of a chant, low, and with some level of meaning that I couldn't understand. So when I heard a clear voice calling to me, by name, to have a late night conversation, it wasn't surprising in retrospect - yet it frightened me nonetheless. I quickly ran to bed and pulled the covers over my head. There was one more voice incident after that, a few years later, and then my childhood settled down into ordinary years.
but I still wonder about that voice, who is was and what conversation we might have had.
was it a missed opportunity?
or maybe just delayed?
I'm in my childhood home again now, having inherited the house after years of caregiving for both my parents. Allan found this quite revealing, seeing an opportunity for an invitation to a conversation delayed by years and childhood fears. My girlfriend too seems to think so, believing that there's something important, perhaps even vital to be told.
so I will,
quietly,
just before bed I'll ask:
whatever that moment was, if there's something for me to understand from it now, I'm ready. Please show in a way that I can recognize and receive in peace.
and then wait.
I'm not striving for a mystical experience, nor looking for a psychic event of any kind. I'm not deciding in advance what the message should be or how it might be delivered. I'm also okay with silence. I have the feeling that, perhaps, the message was for a frightened 6 year old boy, A boy who felt very alone in a big world that would soon consume in even scarier ways. Life has a way of drowning out those mystical voices, leaving each of us bereft to our original intimacy with the God-source. It's little wonder that I was frightened. Even at 6 years of age I was already beginning to leave the mystery and innocence of a magical world behind.
but here's the thing,
that 6 year old boy isn't so far away, buried deeply, maybe, within the memories of a 61 year old man - but still present, innocent, and in ever greater need of reminders of a truly loving world that still often feels so far away. I have no idea what the message may be, if there even is one, but I'm willing to ask, to extend an invitation, and not pull the covers over my head. Not this time. Never again.
I'm ready to listen.
~
I love you (whoever you are) Eric
To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Those Early Lessons
Also, please visit to buy: The Heart of The Akashic Records Revealed
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment