Capacity for words:
I'm always happy with just a few words on a page. They feel gifted, as if the quiet time that preceded them was the actual purpose of my writing. Of course this wasn't always the case, so many hours were once spent in tense anticipation of what I hoped would be meaningful words. Sometimes I was rewarded with a bit of beautiful prose, something meaningful - and just as often I left the page with a few hollow words to leave a marking of sorts.
these mornings I just write with no clear idea of what's to come. There's no anticipation. No stress. Either there's a free flow of words or a quiet mind, and I'm absolutely happy when either occur. The truth is that writing is as much about the space between words, waiting patiently, being an empty vessel that's ready to receive whatever gift is given.
the truth is that I'm not really a writer.
I'm the capacity for words.
and that makes all the difference.
~
I love you, Eric
To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Return Point
Also, please visit to buy: It's Never Too Late to Begin Again
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment