Tuesday, August 18, 2026

They Always Do




They always do: 

and so often it begins here, with just these first few words given to the page - there's been no real decision made on my own, but only a soft request to Holy Spirit for the right words to reach me this morning. They always do, never really a moment's doubt even through a lengthy pause. My writing feels like the first sacred act of the morning. It's immediately turned over to a higher source, leaving me feeling poised and trusting, ready to receive just the right words today. 

there's no rush.

words will arrive, they always do, and so patiently I sip my one cup of coffee for the day - a sacred act too in its way, part of the ritual. This isn't really waiting. It's a pause, a deep act of listening, belonging to the flow of words as much as the actual act of writing. What I'm doing is trusting, more of a prayer, being willing to show up each morning before the altar of an empty page and asking it be filled with only the words received by the highest source of love. 

it's the first real decision of the day.

one I no longer wish to make on my own.

and so I immediately hand it over,

asking Holy Spirit -

⁵What would You have me say, and to whom? (ACIM, W-71.9:5)

a sacred act.

the altar made ready.

and I write.

~
I love you, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Forgiving Quietly

Also, please visit to buy: A Course in Miracles

Thank you.







No comments: