Just a Yogi:
so it's just a little YouTube channel, low tech with a 10+ year old phone and internet connection. But it is part of my ministry, a place for company, presence, and whatever healing we can manage. The channel's name is Just a Yogi: The Yoga of True Forgiveness and both aspects of the title are important to me - that I am just a yogi based on my sincere commitment to simply practice through the day to day struggles that tend to offer me a lifetime of distraction if I'm not not mindful. I just show up - meditation cushion, yoga mat, and for every opportunity to forgive.
that's it...just a yogi.
as for the second part, the yoga of true forgiveness, it's based upon an after meditation vision I experienced - Krishna and Arjuna on the battlefield together, and right after the 4 paths of yoga were explained. It was here, in my vision, that Krishna, with arm across Arjuna's shoulders led him off the battlefield and whispered a final message to him on another path of yoga. A fifth yoga, but one the world wasn't quite ready for at the time. The yoga of true forgiveness. My little vision was also based upon lesson 122 of A Course in Miracles:
What could you want forgiveness cannot give? ²Do you want peace? ³Forgiveness offers it. ⁴Do you want happiness, a quiet mind, a certainty of purpose, and a sense of worth and beauty that transcends the world? ⁵Do you want care and safety, and the warmth of sure protection always? ⁶Do you want a quietness that cannot be disturbed, a gentleness that never can be hurt, a deep abiding comfort, and a rest so perfect it can never be upset?
2. All this forgiveness offers you, and more. ²It sparkles on your eyes as you awake, and gives you joy with which to meet the day. ³It soothes your forehead while you sleep, and rests upon your eyelids so you see no dreams of fear and evil, malice and attack. ⁴And when you wake again, it offers you another day of happiness and peace. ⁵All this forgiveness offers you, and more.
3. Forgiveness lets the veil be lifted up that hides the face of Christ from those who look with unforgiving eyes upon the world. ²It lets you recognize the Son of God, and clears your memory of all dead thoughts so that remembrance of your Father can arise across the threshold of your mind. ³What would you want forgiveness cannot give? ⁴What gifts but these are worthy to be sought? ⁵What fancied value, trivial effect or transient promise, never to be kept, can hold more hope than what forgiveness brings?
(
ACIM, W-122.1:1–3:5)
this is yoga, it's a directive path,
a practice.
and it truly offers everything I want.
so my channel is just a reflection of this, a collection of videos that describe my practice, a small gathering that comes to some live streams to laugh, relax, and, hopefully, feel a little better by the time they leave. I talk about yoga. I talk about forgiveness. And when I'm very fortunate a guest joins me for a healing conversation. Most of all - my channel is a place to practice. An ashram of everyday life where forgiveness greets me as an opportunity even here.
I'm just a yogi after all.
practicing.
~
I love you, Eric
Also, please visit to buy:
Spirit
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment