Saturday, April 20, 2024



Patience, surrender, trust: 

there are infinite things to write of, from subjects of fascination to the mundane of simple pleasures - my mind awaits for each arrival. Whatever the morning brings me, that alone holds my inspiration and I'm happy to surrender to the process of my writing. It's much easier to rely on this delivery than to search out a subject each morning, a stressful task of feeding my self-importance as a writer, believing that everything most a deep meaning that only I can possibly reveal. 

whatever arrives to me,

I write.

it's really that easy now.

usually it's the first few words, or a phrase that drifts in from wherever they happened to be before. It doesn't take much, and so often I'm without a clue as to how I'll proceed from here. But the nature of surrender is trust, to have faith that if words arrive others will soon follow and a theme will then make itself known to me. That's my only process as a writer, patience, surrender, and trust. Adding to this is to enjoy my early morning coffee, being the present moment reward to my patience, a ritual of warmth and sips that seems to invoke the presence of inspiration.

this process works for me.

and these are the words that arrived to me this morning.

as I patiently sipped my coffee.

surrendering. 

~

Peace, Eric 

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Coffee Maker 

Also, please visit to buy: Myths of the Asanas 

Thank you. 



No comments: