Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Much the Same



Much the same: 

another birthday is here and many things seem much the same as last year, older, yes, but there's a certain continuation of circumstances that hasn't really changed much at all. Life is amazingly stable and I'm grateful for that, it's a blessing in many ways, knowing that my world today will be much the same as it was yesterday - even if it's mostly an illusion. 

sub-atomically, my body is completely new, virtually every atom has been swapped out for another, not a newer model, but fresh for me at least. Cellular changes  have occurred here too, not always for the best as I grow older, with many cells losing their capacity to perform optimally, changing in shape and and structure with a slow accumulation of effects. Oddly, the body replaces billion of cells on a daily basis, and my body will be completely renewed within the course of several years. But this process seems to come with the price of aging, cells no longer retaining a memory of their youthful function. My cells are new, just not as spry as my former model. 

so really, it's a paradox of stability.

things are much the same.

and different too.

what hasn't changed at all is the ever present awareness that has been witness to everyone of these events, my life has unfolded through this sense of being aware, each change being noted in a changeless capacity that remains completely unaffected by time's incessant flow. Through the years, it's this awareness that I seem to relate too most clearly, a softening effect on how I view the course of life's actions, no longer quick to judge myself or others. I relate more to motion now, change, even as I find myself expanding in a subtle state of a stillness and an easy quiet. Yes, I find myself as more a witness now, yet this isn't by any means a new affair, nor is it separate from a life observed, being far too seamless and eternal to be anything other than a continuous state of simply being aware.

in this sense, truly...

everything seems much the same. 

~

Peace, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: Grace and Poise 

Also, please visit to buy: I am That 

Thank you. 


No comments: