Tuesday, July 21, 2026

It's a Practice



It's a  practice:

and so I'm happy to be practicing, that's the big thing - there's no frantic energy to arrive anywhere, a complete absence of a seeker, content and even happy right now. There's also a certain amount of physical pain in my life this moment and anxiety still hangs on the edge, ever ready to appear. But through the recent years there's been a definite shift towards a greater sense of joy. I'm more at peace within the moment, no matter what might be present, and what strikes as most remarkable - is coming to terms with those occasion when peace and steadiness seem nowhere to be found. 

forgiveness is such a wonderful tool.

a beautiful practice.

there's no performance here - I don't need to be okay. 

not all the time.

but my practice always sees me through, forgiving my way through darkness without need for an apology, mindful of my position and yet making no demands for change. Just accepting, just accepting...and when the next moment unfolds, accepting still just a little bit more. Whatever life offers. Of course there's a wish to heal, and sometimes I'm still lost in hopeless despair, and find myself dashing for an imaginary escape route. And so that's what I forgive, it's my present moment lesson and I love myself through it. I think it's especially those toughest moments that I eventually find the most joy. Not because I made it through the pain or darkness - but that I found the light even then. 

or at the very least...I reached for it.

maybe not always right away.

but soon after.

I'm happy with my practice - 

and that makes all the difference.

~
I love you, Eric

To read more from Headless Now, please visit: God Thinks Otherwise

Also, please visit to buy: A Course in Miracles - A Direct Path

Thank you.




No comments: