Only one is Real:
it could be said that the ego is a literal grievance against God, a childish wish to move away from home and make our own kingdom away from heaven. On a softer note, the ego is simply a belief in an autonomous self that doesn't really exist. As A Course in Miracles makes clear it's our commitment to the ego as a guiding force to navigate life that's the source of all our troubles. However, this isn't really about the ego - it's about the Holy Spirit.
or more truly,
switching our alliance to a loving thought system.
and not rely on the ego at all.
we have an alternative, much better suited as a guide, a gentle voice for God that whispers of our true power. Somehow we've gained confidence in a false promise, believing that only the ego can keep us safe within such a dangerous world. Yet it's that very promise that keeps us trapped in a belief system that only leads to harm. Listening to the ego is a turn away from God - not because it's evil, or even that it's wrong, but only because it doesn't even exist, and it's every loud promise is a lie.
anyway,
here's what I really want to talk of -
my own soft turn towards the Holy Spirit, a long life between two voices, and how now, finally, the one for God is more clearly heard then ever. Every hard choice I've ever made has only been a lesson on the futility of choosing alone. I always had a better, more loving option. At first I didn't know,that there was a choice and then later I just didn't believe that this was so. I trusted an option that wasn't even real. And life continued with its lesson.
⁹There is no peace except the peace of God, and I am glad and thankful it is so. (ACIM, W-200.11:9)
so I'm still learning that the peace of god is all I need, hard lesson continue to follow - yet only one voice is truly believed, and it's the one I listen to most keenly now.
and that makes all the difference.
~
I love you, Eric
To read more from Headless Now, please visit: God Thinks Otherwise
Also, please visit to buy: A Course in Miracles
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment